If you are shipping samples to the Gilbert Lab, please contact Neil Gottel at firstname.lastname@example.org before shipment.
Once you receive confirmation that we are expecting your samples, please follow the directions below.
- Ship on dry ice.
- Ship on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.
- For DNA/RNA, if you are shipping more than 24 samples, please use a 96-well plate format.
- After sealing the plate, we recommend taping cardboard to both the top and bottom of the plate in order to prevent damage to the seal.
- Use a seal rated to withstand extreme cold, such as the Excel Scientific AlumaSeal II Aluminum Foil Sealing Tape.
- After sealing and protecting the plate with cardboard, place it inside a ziplock freezer bag, then into your dry ice cooler for shipping.
- If sending <24 single tubes, please seal the tubes using parafilm to prevent sample loss during shipping.
- Do not ship DNA samples in .2ml microtubes, please use 1.5ml or 2ml tubes that are then placed inside a cardboard sample box.
MC5032, Room J545
5841 S. Maryland Ave.
Chicago, IL 60637